What is the point of increasing natural testosterone levels? Why would someone want to do that?
The reason why someone would want to increase natural testosterone levels is because this hormone, which is produced in all humans to some degree, helps to promote muscle growth.
The more testosterone you produce, the more muscle growth you can expect to achieve. If you’re hoping to build muscle, then finding a way to increase your natural testosterone levels will speed up this process.
What is testosterone?
Testosterone is the main hormone responsible for the increase in lean muscle tissue, increased libido, energy, bone formation and immune function.
Both women and men produce this hormone to some degree, although men produce a lot more than women, which is why women don’t get as “bulky” as men when they work out.
The amount of testosterone you produce will be one of the factors in determining how fast you can build muscle. Women produce much less testosterone than men, so no matter how much they work out, they will not bulk up like men do.
If you want to increase your natural testosterone naturally, your body’s natural testosterone production becomes of great importance.
One of the ways you can dramatically improve your natural testosterone levels is through diet and training techniques as follows:
1. Exercises such as squats, dead lifts, bench presses, rows, chin-ups, dips, lunges and military presses will place your muscles under the greatest amount of strain in the gym and will force your body to increase testosterone production. Perform these at the beginning of your workout.
2. Be sure to train your legs equally as hard as your upper body as this can promote testosterone production.
3. Always train at 100% intensity. If you push yourself hard the entire time, you will produce more testosterone.
4. Reduce your intake of soy and soy-based products. Soy protein raises the body’s levels of estrogen which is the main female hormone and this has a direct negative effect on testosterone levels.
5. Limit alcohol intake. Alcohol has a dramatic effect on testosterone levels.
6. Increase your essential fatty acid intake by eating foods such as peanuts, avocados, fish, flax seed oil and olive and canola oils.
7. Increase your daily intake of broccoli cauliflower, radishes, turnips, cabbage and brussel sprouts which have been shown to dramatically reduced estrogen levels therefore raising testosterone.
8. Keep your stress levels to a minimum. Too much stress produces cortisol which causes your testosterone levels to plummet.
9. Increase your sexual activity. Sexual stimulation increases the body’s production of oxytocin. This increases endorphin production which in turn increases your testosterone levels.
10. Don’t over train and get enough sleep to promote good muscle recovery.
Another alternative to increasing your natural levels is through the use of natural or synthetic methods.
Increasing testosterone naturally is viewed by many to be a much safer option over synthetic testosterone.
Testosterone levels can be increased through the use of transdermal patches that can be applied to areas of the skin. The body absorbs the testosterone into the bloodstream through the skin.
Another way of increasing testosterone is through the use of testosterone creams or gels, or via injections or pellets inserted under the skin. There is also a variety of supplements that will aid in testosterone production.
So as you can see there are both natural and synthetic ways of increasing natural testosterone levels and the method you choose will depend on what works best for you.
Check out Increase Natural Testosterone to tap into your body’s potential and increase your muscle gains.